Today, more than ever, achieving a beautiful smile can be simple and conservative.
This is where the initial cosmetic consultation comes in. Your initial consultation will be approximately one hour, possibly longer depending on the treatment required and the options available to you. It is important you understand the diagnosis, treatment options and cost before proceeding.
- Teeth whitening technologies are constantly being enhanced. We offer a chair-side procedure or a professionally supervised take-home kit. These methods are effective and conservative.
- Dental veneers are an alternative. These are thin porcelain or resin facings (you choose the colour!) that are bonded onto the tooth. This is the better option for severely discolored teeth.
Reshaping / repositioning the teeth
- Cosmetic contouring, which involves slight trimming to shape the teeth. This is a very effective yet conservative option which is preferred for minor adjustments.
- Dental veneers, in either porcelain or resin, are the better solutions for mild to moderate shape or position changes. These are recommended for major color changes.
- Porcelain crowns are the best solution for major reshaping, for example, for very worn or broken teeth.
- Braces are used to reposition severely misplaced teeth.
- White fillings
Closing gaps / replacing the teeth
- Routine cleaning easily maintains the firmness and health of your gums.
- Gums can be contoured to lessen their visibility (such as in a gummy smile) or to even out the length of the teeth. These are simple procedures which are easily completed.
are able to restore volume and give greater definition through the use
of dermal fillers. More information about Dento-Facial Aesthetics.
How do I choose from my options?
There are two rules our dentists always follow.
Rule #1: Achieve the appearance the patient wants
Rule #2: Use the most conservative means to achieve rule #1
#2 is very important. The more tooth structure that is preserved, the
greater the chance your teeth will survive for your whole life.